Was promised Christmas help and then they dissapeared, any ideas???

Hello, I know that this is really cutting it close to the holiday but I am in a bind. I was offered help for the holiday and now the member disappeared. I am not concerned about putting gifts under the tree, that isn't what the holiday is about but what I am a bit concerned with is providing a special meal for my family. Does anyone out there know of any orginizations that would still be offering help??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Holidays

• Where do you live?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i would call local churches... where do you live?? there is always angelfoodministries.com.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• About the AngelFoodMinistries See if there is one in your area inter your zip.

ABOUT THE FOOD
    Each month's menu is different and consists of fresh, frozen and packaged food. Angel Food is purchased from the nation’s top food suppliers. Providing quality, nutritious food at significant discounts on a regular basis is one practical way to give people a “hand up” during difficult times. The cost for a box of Angel Food is $30. There is no purchase limit for boxes of Angel Food. There are no applications or qualifications necessary to purchase.

Anonymous

• I am just north of Detroit.
    Anonymous

• You should try this website-
    http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/DepartmentsandAgencies/tabid/61/Default.aspx
    This is for government assistant. They have a a number of programs including emergency cash, grants, food, free education programs and so much more. I know you said that you have toys for the kids but it is programs that will give your children toys for the holidays... you just have to apply for them. AND it's not too late!
    God Bless you and your children for the holidays.
    LOVELIFE2DAY

Answer by LOVELIFE2DAY at 3:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Look in to the local catholic charities .. I hop eyou can get some help
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2009