5 year old and talking to much in school..

The teacher tells me that he disrupts class and talkes and makes noises all the time. He talks A LOT, how can I get him to control it?

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 2:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I told my son, he will not get his game at night, if he does not listen in school. Is he in Kindergarten? I think it is hard to adjust, I would give it a little more time, my son is kinda the same, I remind him, and he is doing better, I get a report.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• When you find out, let me know...mine is 13 now and we still have this problem. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Reward chart.
    Anonymous

• all of those are great. i remind my nephew every morning when i drop him off to have a good day and not talk in class. but it's also the teacher's responbility, my nephew's teacher did not have control of her classroom til almost Thanksgiving and it showed. he got grounded, lost toys, his ds, tv, etc and he didn't care. he could talk all through class and wouldn't get in trouble til his dad got home at 7pm. you can remind, reward, and punish, but it's also up to the teacher. i've been in daycare and am going into education, and if i have a talkative kid i deal with it.
    mr2snafu

Answer by mr2snafu at 9:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My daughter had that problem in Kindergarten, and to help her remember not to talk, she got a weighted bracelet (no clue where her teacher got it, but it looks like one of the weights you can buy from Walmart or Target that straps on your wrist, just designed for a child's wrist). If she got to chattering really bad, she had to move to a desk by herself. The weight on her wrist (since she talks with her hands a lot) would remind her. She's in 1st grade now and doing better. As they get older, they'll get better self control.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:08 AM on Dec. 14, 2009