How would you feel if the amom called you a bottom feeder?

I had a visit with my birth child. She was telling me about these weird supersitions that her amom has. She memtioned that they bought 3 fish and a bottom feeder (I think that is what they call...it's the fish that eats the algea and stuff). Anyways, she said that her amom named the bottom feeder my name. I wasn't sure how to respond my bchild. All I said was...oh I see.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Adoption

• Huh,
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Interesting.....um..lets see. Well. I have no answer. I'm sorry.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• the mother that adopted her child bought three fish and a algae eater and named the algae eater after op (the birth mother) when she could of named any of the three fish that don't eat the dirt off the sides of the tank lmao! i dont really know what id think about that id be wondering y she didn't name me after a fish!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• or name a fish after me sorry..i havent had my coffe today lol
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• lol, weird...maybe she wanted one of the pets your daughter was fascinated by to be you..i dont know...thats my only positive spin. like your daughter really liked the fish and thought it was cool...sooo..hm....weird situation either way though. I probably wouldve just smiled and knodded and changed the subject.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i think that is very rude... do you mean amom as a religious person?? it would be different if they named one of the other fish your name but a bottom feeder?? you gave them the most precious thing in the world and they called you a bottom feeder?? that is just horrible. i would want to get my kid back and place him/ her with Good people.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i would want to get my kid back and place him/ her with Good people.

lol, cause it totally works that way... lol!
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 4:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I would feel hurt that I had given her a presious child and she did that. It's at best insensitive and at worst horribly insulting. Just try and remember is that the most important thing is your relationship with your daughter. If you have to take that from amom that's sad, but worth it.
    Anonymous

• Ouch! So....mommy, daddy, baby.....and bottom feeder? That's just wrong on so many levels.

I sincerely hope that it isn't truly the case. Did your child use the words "bottom feeder"? If not, I'd say that they don't feel that way at all. (If it were the case and I were going to put a positive spin on it, I'd say that the livelihood of the other 3 fish depended on the one fish whose job it was to provide a safe, clean environment for the rest, and that the one fish was stronger and could survive conditions that the other fish could not.)

But truly....maybe a coincidence? I'm glad that you are still visiting your child hope that things continue to improve over time. You did a good job of blowing it off and it was wise not to put your child in the middle, so to speak. As long as she knows that you love her and that her parents love her, that's the main thing at this point.

Anonymous

• The amom did not call you a bottom feeder, she called a fish your name. Those are two completely different things. We had an algae eater (they are called this, not "bottom feeders") in our 150 gallon tank that I loved and I actually cried when it died. My child's bmom should have felt privileged if I would have named this fish after her; however, it's name was Rebbie, so bmom was never able to feel that privilege.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2009