quick and affordable medical insurence

hi there, am in new jersey and this is my first trymister in pregnancy and all day busy to find a medical insurence but so confused they have lots of options what they are covering and what they are not and some times they refused to cover when you needed at hospital at labor time .
if someone have good affordable and quick medical insurence specially for pragnancy please share with me ill appreciate that alot thanks in advance.
sonia

sonia370

Asked by sonia370 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sorry, you are seeking a unicorn...

Answer by rkoloms at 3:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Do you qualify for pregnancy Medicaid?
    Anonymous

• I had the same situation and insurance looked at me as a pre-existing condition and they were no help at all. I did find an insurance alternative or medical discount plan that really helped. Rather than big premiums I paid a small monthy access fee to access discounts with their providers. Saved alot with doctors, lab work, and hospital. I was impressed enough that I became a sales associate, and so at risk of sounding self serving with this posted answer, I did get involved to help people and have been able to supplement our income and stay home with my son. Hope this helps and I can give you more info if you want or you can look it up at mybenefitsplus.com/70970661.
    Myla_B

Answer by Myla_B at 3:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• If you don't qualify for medicaid you're pretty much out of luck. I've never heard of an insurance that covers pregnancy right off the bat when you're already pregnant. I did a crapton of research when I was looking for new insurance a few years ago, and even the absolute best I could find I would have had to get a pregnancy rider, and they wouldn't cover anything til I'd been on the rider for 2 years. Good luck, and apply for medicaid.
    Anonymous

• Yeah at this point medicaid is the only option, most if not all other insurances won't cover pre-existing conditions, including pregnancy.

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2009