Would you rather have a planned c-section

because you are at some odd risk, or go for a vaginal birth and risk the emergency c-section?

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would rather have a planned C Section than risk an emergency one. Also, sometimes those "odd" risks are the ones that end up happening and can change so many things before you even have time to know what is going on.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 3:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I'm trying vaginal. I do NOT want my guts cut open ever again. Only if there is a real medical emergency. And I am certain I can do it and blow some minds.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I would much rather go for the vaginal delivery. Even if you end up w/ a emergancy c-section going into labor naturally is better for baby's lung development(I wouldn't be induced unless it was absolutly medically nessary).
    Anonymous

• Go for the vaginal delivery. I don't ever want to have to have a c-section.
    Anonymous

• I had my oldest son vag. 2nd son was c-section because he wouldn't turn even when doctor tried external version. When I got pregnant again, my doctor and I discussed my options. Since I had a scarred uterus and risk of rupture, I could (A) go into labor normally and TRY vag delivery; if any problems came up, he'd do an emergency c-section. Or I could go with (B) and plan a c-section. However, if I chose (A), and labor stalled, or was extremely long, he could not do anything to speed it up/get it going again. Intervention would increase the risk of uterine rupture. Also, If I went past my due date, or there was another reason for induction, I couldn't be induced- I'd have to have a c-section. So I chose a repeat c-section. My third son arrived on June 25, 2009...a healthy & weighing 7lb. 14oz. Didn't matter how he got here, just that he got here and was healthy!
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Id do a planned c/section(but then again I had 3 of them so I dont worry about them and Im also done so it wont really happen anyway LOL).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2009