I had four teeth removed early this morning. Is it normal to still have numbness from the anesthesia. It is now 2:40.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I had alot of dental work and 2 wisdom teeth removed at different times and it always took hours for me to get my feeling back lol.. Talk about hard to drink something when you cant feel. Some people are very sensitive to the meds while others are not..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Maybe. I would call my dentist NOW and tell them you are still having numbness. If they suspect nerve damage (very common with adults who have wisdom teeth or teeth removed) then they will ask you to come in. Do it now though or the office will close for the day!
    Anonymous

• Yup. I had teeth pulled twice, in April & May, and stayed partially numb for hours after. I was glad for it, because the pain was so horrid once it was worn off I was almost physically sick. If you're completely numb I'd call, but if it's just partial give it til tomorrow. Hope you got some good pain meds, they were a lifesaver for me!
    Anonymous

• It is normal. Be happy you're still numb. It always wears off on me quickly and they keep having to give me shots. Not fun.
    Anonymous