Do you know what you want to be when you grow up?

I have a job, it's not a career. My SO keeps talking about his career goals and his dreams. I feel left out that I never had anything I REALLY wanted to be. There are many things I think are interesting, but everything has it's downfalls. Am I the only one that feels this way?

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yeah I do know what I want to be when I grow up.
    I'm sure you're not alone though. Start looking at your passions and see if you can make that into a career. You might have to get a little creative, but I think that's how people find the right path for them.
    GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

• Go to your local library and check out this book: http://www.jobhuntersbible.com/articles/wciyp.php

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Don't worry, there are alot of people that don't know what career field they want to be in. I'm a junior in college and I have changed my major 4 times. I finally found a field that I am comfortable and feel like I can do it! I worked on the teller line at a bank for months.. that's something that just wasn't for me, but I did find that the opening new accounts, CDs, loans is something that I do like. So I've been working on my Finance degree.

Do some research on the fields that you are interested in and that might help you decide! Sit back and enjoy trying to decide! It might actually surprise you! I know I was! I'm not the best math student, but I'm in a field that I use it everyday and I'm actually good at it now!

TannersMomma

Answer by TannersMomma at 10:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I am a writer I write fiction and anime. I am currently in college so I can move to Japan to do it. Spend sometime thinking of what you want to do and how it can provide you with some goals. Even if it is something you do as a hobby think about it and write it down see if it can be done and go to the library to see how to make it happen.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Do not be afraid of downfalls just figure out what you want and take a chance!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Every job has it's dull times. But look at the big things. Do you like to work with people or alone? Do you like to solve problems or follow instructions? Do you like to take risks or do you want to work under someone? Are you a big picture or detail person? Numbers or artsy? If your job has enough of the things you like in it, you can manage the downers. I for one could never be an accountant, but my mom's best friend said she could make numbers sing. Sometimes narrowing it down by eliminating things you don't like is a big step. I hate retail, I hate teaching, I hate needles and blood. Hope this helps.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 4:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2009