Isn't our country great? We have laws for everything!

Stupid Laws in USA
From Catherine Parry except where stated otherwise

"I am assured by the various contributors that these are real standing laws from around the United States of America. I suspect some have been repealed, and a few may even be fictional, but I have no direct knowledge, so please don't take them too seriously - this is not a law manual! This is not in any way an attack on USA - other countries, including my own, have their share of stupid laws - you can see some of them on this page. Hope you enjoy these and remember, Law Enforcement is no joke!" Follow the link for quite a giggle! (And yes, I think our country is great--and it is entertaining too!)

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~jimella/laws01.htm

PsWifey

Asked by PsWifey at 4:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This was hilarious, specially the one of do not flicker your boogers into the wind! too funny! thanks for the laugh!

Answer by older at 4:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Older~ I liked that every state has these "laws" on the books. We are a goofy place to be sure! Glad it gave you a laugh--things are so serious on here today I thought some levity might do us all some good!
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 4:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Ya gotta wonder about some of these laws! Some of them were obviously passed in reaction to some situation making it seem necessary at that time and place, but makes you want to hear the story behind it!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Pagan, I whole-heartedly agree! The booger one probably was caused by a group of 10 year old boys!
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 8:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I didn't check the link because I have too much stuff open already, so apologies if this was on the list. One that we always grilled the newbies on at the loan company, just to break the tension - it is illegal here to collect a debt while dressed as a porcupine.

I don't know why. I'm not sure I WANT to know why.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Notpanicking--some of them are beyond definition...maybe a loan collection agency tried gimmicky costumes to get debtors to open the door...LOL! That is too funny! What would you say? Don't be a prick? LOL--oh no--coffee out the nose. Gotta clean up!
    Have a fun Friday!
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 9:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2009