Are there any moms out there that are heavy set hardly showing when you should be?

I will be 21 weeks this saturday weighing in at 232 and I dont know if its cause Im heavy and having a girl because I have heard that girls sit lower then boys but my belly area still isnt even with the lower part of my stomach. It seems like with my son he sat allot higher around this time but Im only growing below my belly and I would like to look pregnant like thees other girls out there lol. ANd theres nothing wrong with baby she is right on track but I was just wondering if there are other heavy set women out there having this same problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe your baby is a normal weight, my ds at 20wk made me look like I was carrying twins 8 mths, lol. i'm a lot heavier than you. I think, its just the way you carry. my son was well over 9lbs at birth and they had to induce me early because he was going to keep growing and growing and i wouldnt be able to push him out.
    Anonymous

• Most heavy set women don't show because their stomachs don't need to expand to make room for the baby. Women who's stomachs need to expand are the ones that show. That's why there are a lot of women that don't know they're pregnant until they go into labor.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 4:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• lots of women don't show until after 21 weeks, but it's more likely if you are heavier =) i don't think it has to do with the sex of the baby at all.
    Anonymous

• I think it's the weight. I was showing with my DD by then, but I was a lot smaller then you. How could the extra weight not make a difference in how early you show?
    Anonymous

• OP.... Thank you every one for answering, I know that heavier women show later but like I said befor my son seemed to sit allot higher at this point when I was pregnant with him so I dont know. It just seems strange to me but the doctor said that the top of the uterus is right below my belly button where it should be so Im not worried I just want to look pregnant already :)
    Anonymous

That is not true. I am a BBW and I showed big time with all my babies you could tell I was pregnant. I knew I was pregnant before I went into labor all three times. It depends on the woman. I have seen skinny people that aren't showing it goes both ways weight doesn't have anything to do with it.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I showed early with all of my when I was in my first trimester.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i am heavy set too and im 23 wks i have yet to show and seriously doubt i will...who cares mama you are preggo and thats all that matters
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on the person. My SIL is VERY heavy. She swears she's showing a lot (she's 9week) I'm still trying to figure out how she can tell. She looks the same to me.
    Anonymous

• Youngmom... you might have just "thought" you were showing, my sister has a heavy friend that thought she was showing at like 14 weeks... she's now 25 weeks and of course still thinks she's showing but she's not, I'd never know she was pregnant and not just fat. I think sometimes people just see what they want to. She's even had "pregnancy" pics done, and doesn't look pregnant in them!
    Anonymous