What brand is best for arthritis? (vitamins or whatever works)

Which do you take?

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mother takes Tylenor for arthritis and it seems to work for her. I on the other hand have gotten rid of most of my arthritis pain through exercise.

Answer by older at 4:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• It depends on what kind of arthritis. You really need to go to a doctor. One arthritis med is linked to heart problems and sudden death. My kids step-mom may have died from it. Other meds may damage your liver if you take them every day. Taking Tylenol as directed every day can cause liver damage.

Ibuprofen may help.

I had synvisc injections in my knees for about 7 years until I became allergic to it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I use Aleve - Naproxin Sodium. It drastically helps with the inflammation and is OTC. You take 1-2 tablets per day instead of the 8 - 10 of Tylenol or ib prophine. Much better on your liver.

I also use an Icy Hot patch, or I use the knee band you can get at Wal-Mart. They are a bit pricey, but for me truly do make a difference.

Hope this helps!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Dependent on the type of arthritis exercise can be the best medicine for treatment of pain.

Insofar as Osteoarthritis, increased activity is only going to help your arthritis. My job(a marketing company) recently engaged in a campaign with the Ad Council and the Arthritis Foundation that is seeking to educate people about the fact that exercise can be the best treatment for the #1 disability in U.S. (1 in 5 people are effected by Osteoarthriti).

They have an ongoing set of PSA's for the condition that are fun and feature Americans demonstrating that moving is the best medicine. Check em out here:  Fight Arthritis Pain

LovelyLadyLola

Answer by LovelyLadyLola at 4:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2010