SERIOUS HELP PLEASE im a HOARDER? it's clean items but alot of them no trash hoarding.

Im a 31 year old hoarder, and i need help, it's hard for me to detach my self from alot of things. i have 3 children and have saved all there stuff, since they were little, reason being that i have done the hand me downs with in each other, so i save money, im afraid if i get rid of everything and have another child i will be screwed. secondly, i save every receipt, warranty, letter, tkt, bill, movie stub, my desk has about a foot of papers, and the floor around it has abot another foot by 5 feet of papers.. how do i get organized, and not feel guilty about giveing things away, i always think i can make money off a pair of old shoes, and the paper work scared that i will throw away the receipt to the shirt i bought 3 months ago and ripped on its own? help me, my husband is really getting fed up but he wont tell me anything he just says, can u clean up, we havent had anyone in my house in 10 years cuzz we dont fit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• omg, we must be kin!!! I'm going through receipts as we speak. I had years of them. Take it one task at a time (receipts, kids papers, etc), It will take time. I divided each room into 4 quarters too and spent one WEEK on each quarter room.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Come join us in our group De-Clutter, Clean and Organize your life!  We're a super supportive group with LOTS of tips, ideas and encouragement.

The hardest thing for a hoarder is to let go of the emotional attachment to things.  You've got a GREAT START because you already realize the attachment.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2009