When does it stop?

Just got a text. BIL was just laid off today. Out of the 6 families now, us and all of DH's brothers and sisters and their spouses, there is only 1 who still has the job they had 2 years ago. Everyone else has been laid off. A few have found part time work, the rest have been looking for a year. We are all trying to squeak by on start up businesses, or Ebaying what can be sold. The one BIL that still has his job, is now commuting from IN to AZ from now until spring, because that's where the work goes in the winter. He'll be home one weekend a month to see his kids and grandkids.

Good thing we had that stimulus to stop this from happening. So glad we're spending billions of dollars to "save" 3 jobs here and 4 jobs there, half of them in districts that don't exist. Way to go congress. Can't wait to catch you in 2010. So when exactly is that stimulus going to come and save us all?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Kind of brings a tear to the eye doesn''t it?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Hang in there, everyone is more or less in the same boat, Next year has to come a bit better, because it defenitely cannot come worst. Focus on your blessings.

Answer by older at 5:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• How about some simple facts.....people are becoming homeless.....cant pay the bills.....cant afford groceries.......the answer is NOT in Obamanomics and I do not see next year any better.....my husbands job is asking its employees to take more concessions next year to save the only job we have in our home right now! I wish the stimulus money was helping the one who really need it not the greedy corporations and politicians.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• The other day I was approached by a homeless family living in their van looking for gas money so they could run their van at night to stay warm , IT BROKE MY HEART :( all I had to give them was a dollar and some change.......

But I guess as long as Obama gets to have fun and stay warm in Washington that's all that matters!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I'm so sorry to hear that :(
    Anonymous

• hugs for your family.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I'm sorry, NP, that is really crappy!!! I know it doesn't help but you are sooo not alone... :(

And I am with you, that stimulus money is really helping us all so very much, wow, I can hardly contain my happiness...(not!!!)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Notp: After hearing a bit of your story all i can say is I'm sorry that your family is going through such hard times. I can see why you might want to blame this on someone, however, there are many people to blame for our economic situation and Obama is far fromt the top of this list.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I'm sorry for you. I was laid off last January, my hubby in March. We are both looking and getting some school in at the same time. If you go through CareerLink in your area the WIA (workers Investment Act) can help pay for certain type of classes. Computer, IT...that sort og thing...

Good Luck. We were laid off BEFORE the stimulus and were told MORE were coming , the stimulus isn;t the problem, the problems we are experiencing have been coming for YEARS and start with the BANKS and credit institutions and BAD Business parctice
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• So sorry to hear that, NP. *hugs*
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2009