Christmas gifts ?

DH and I are going to spend 100 on each child (there is 4 of them) then for the 3 boys they will get anotherbig gift all together and my daughter will get her big gift. is 100 enough does it seem to little?

MARIE20

Asked by MARIE20 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If it's what you can afford, then it's perfect. There is no "right" amount of money to spend for any holiday. It's a personal choice and what fits for YOUR family. What works for mine may not work for yours and vice versa. Don't worry if it's "enough". Just enjoy giving your kiddos what you can, and enjoy their reactions at opening their gifts. I doubt they'll ask, "Well how much money did you spend on me???"
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 5:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I agree with the debra_benge. It isn't about how much you spend. I only have 2 small kids, so I think we spend $150 on each, but that is what we could afford this year. Each year may be different depending on what is happening at that time of year. They each have a few gifts and they will be thrilled with what we have them. That is all that matters. Don't worry about how much you spend!
    Dickens

Answer by Dickens at 8:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Totally agree with spending what you can afford. If you can afford $100 each or $20 each, don't blow the budget. There are more important things than Christmas. I limited our spending already and the kids are only 2 & 3. I prefer not to teach them that Christmas is all about getting gifts and toys. We give them things we may find on sale throughout the year. So hopefully as they get older, we can instill in them the true meaning. And hopefully when the holidays come around they won't be disappointed for not getting everything they want on their list. We have friends that spend and spend and the kids have come to expect to get what they want all the time. I guess you can tell that I prefer teaching our kids the true meaning of the holidays without going broke.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• We have 4 kids and we spend between $75 and $100 on each of them plus a little extra for family gifts (this year a lot extra because we got the family a Wii).
    My 3yo is getting a dollhouse which is a joint gift with her 7yo sister and an extra furniture set. That's it. Those are her only 2 gifts. The dollhouse was $135 and the furniture was $13. I think I also spent about $7 on stocking stuffers for her..
    We spent about $50 on gifts for my 9yo and $40 for my 8yo. Plus random stocking stuffers (equaling up to $10-$12) for each.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2009