what do you buy your childs teacher for xmas

my sister always gets her childs teachers $25 gift cards each i just don't have that kinda money whats something else to get?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Holidays

• If I new she drank tea I'd give her a tea cup/saucer set with tea bags. Otherwise book store gift cards and a home made pin like a Snowman made from buttons.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My daughter has two preschool teachers. Each one is getting a small Longaberger Basket with a necklace and candle inside. It will cost about $50 each.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I am in the same boat. I think that I am going to make a jar of pepermint bark and decorate it with an ornament for them. I can do both teachers gifts inclusing the food and jars for $10. Then again I may just make treats and call it a day.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You can always donate supplies to the classroom.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I buy a bunch of small items and create a basket for them...this yr it's an ornament and her favorite beverage and treats... also a few supplies for her classroom will go in the basket...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• my son wants to get his teacher some earrings but i just dont know if she would even wear them??? I am clueless!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Oooh...do you by chance have a Sam's club membership? I just bought a package of 4 mugs filled with candy and cocoa (Giradhelli at that). That package of cute stuff was $20! That's only $5 for each of those mugs! One for my son's Kindergarten teacher, his "resource" teacher, his bus driver and one my husband took to a gift exchange last night! PERFECT!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 6:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• pp thats awesome i don't have a sams membership but wish i did :)
    Anonymous

• As a teacher I have to say classroom supplies or giftcrads are the best gifts if you're going to give. I appreciate the thought, but really would rather not get some of the hand me down candles and stuffed animals some of my students give. :)
    Anonymous

• In Mass. We have a “Conflict of Interest Law” that deals with the ethics a gift recipient. The total value of any and all gifts received by a public employee in connection to his/her employment within a one year period from an individual must be less than $50. Further, the law prohibits public employees from accepting any gifts of cash (which the Ethics Commission reportedly defines broadly, to include gift cards), regardless of amount. I suspect most states have a law like this - Just something to keep in mind when giving your teachers gifts!!
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2009