did anyone baby get diagnosed with acid reflux and it was actually an allergy to the formula??

I am getting frustrated! My sons ped. diagnosed him with acid reflux when he was a month... well they put him on maalox and prevacid and gentlease welll he hardly spit up was sleeping from 7pm-6am well as soon as he hit 2 months he was spitting up all the time... waking up all the time at night so i went back to the doctor and they took him off the maalox put him on AR and still prevacid well hes been on it for a week and it helps with the spit up but hes now grunting alll day long, his stool is hard, he has major gas, sneezing, with dry milk boogers (weird) and now has little bumps all over his legs...??? Im getting very frustrated! I will be calling his doc tomorrow but i just wanted to know if anyone else is in my boat??? the thing is that they say its acid reflux but i thought babies with acid reflux hate to be on their backs??? I can put him on his back and he is fine??? SO CONFUSSED!!

littled56

Asked by littled56 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Health

• You may need to see another pediatrician. Our son had reflux as a newborn but it wasn't from the milk. I EBF and I wasn't going to stop nursing, he wasn't allergic to me,lol... Anyway, try putting him on his side so he doesn't choke on spit up. As far as his stool, that's probably too much iron in the forumla, and he may have a cold. So your best bet is to get him to the Dr. GL, hope he's feeling better soon!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear that your son is going through this but sometimes it could be just the formula it self, sometimes the formula will just not set very well in their tummy's. You just might want to add alittle bit of rice cereal in his formula just a tad so he will feel full and he will be able to hold it down abit not so much milk coming out. GL

What he is going through it will pass his body is still developing so just be patient all will be ok.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2009