Cure Cradle cap

My first baby had really, really bad cradle cap. My second didn't have any, and now my third has it, but only on her forehead. It seems to get better after I wash and scrub at it a little during her bath times (she gets two, one in the morning and one at night). Is there anything else that I can do other than oil (that hasn't helped and didn't with my first either)?

things_not_sane

Asked by things_not_sane at 6:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go to Walmart and go to the baby section and they have special medicine you can buy for cradle cap!
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Oh really?! I had no idea! I'll have to check it out when I go there tonight! Thanks so much!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 6:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• stop bathing her too much- honestly washing her head/hair twice a day is drying out her scalp.
    Anonymous

• I bought the Cradle Cap stuff at Walmart and it reeks. Blah. :( I just leave my child's head alone, it doesn't seem to bother him. I've always heard that using oil can rub away their hair. And I only wash his hair every other day.
    bfaith7

Answer by bfaith7 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My pediatrician recommended tar shampoo. My grocery store sold it under their brand name and I saw that neutrogena also had it. It got rid of my son's cradle cap in like 2 days. And agree with the above, infants only need bathing at most every other day.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My daughter had it. In the class at hospital when she was born they said the best thing to use on it was vegetable or olive oil. I used vegetable oil and it worked really well.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• We just rubbed on olive oil and used a fine-tooth comb to comb it out.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I was told as far as a home treatment use warm water and baking soda and soft brush to wash it out . My mother used it on my nephew and it worked after two baths .
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 9:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i use A+D ointment works great my daughter has it bad and i put it on there and the morning give her a bath and its gone :)
    Anonymous