• In the Spotlight:

Do you know your neighbors or do you perfer to be to yourself?

I don't know my neighbors just by some names bc when we first moved in little by little we met just once and as time went by we just went our own ways. Anyway I got a note on my door that one of our neighbors passed away I feel badly but I really don't know them or the person who passed (God bless their soul) but how would you go about it....? I don't even know what house on our street they lived on...how can I make this right without being stuck up?
Thank you ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Can you look them up in the phone book (or online) to find out their address to at least send a card? I would say that if you didn't really know them then they didn't know you either and aren't expecting anything. But if you can figure it out, a card signed "your neighbor" would be nice.
    Anonymous

• I dont mind having a "hello" as we pass each other relationship but other than that I like keeping to myself.

If my neighbors were younger and had young children then that might be different but, as is, Im cool with barely knowing them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Maybe just walk over to your closest neighbor and ask. Just tell them you're sorry but you wanted to make sure the card you send goes to the right address.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

I agree with you. I know some of my neighbors and have help out quite a few but now I am keeping to myself b/c they burned me.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• 6:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 by: Amaranth361
    I dont mind having a "hello" as we pass each other relationship but other than that I like keeping to myself.

DITTO
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt be scared to ask someone else nearby if you really wanted to or leave it be.

i had a neighbor pass away, i just left them be, they were only maybe 3 houses down from me, they didnt know me enough to really say "why dont you seem to care" "why didnt you visit more" i mean 3 houses down and i didnt know them!

so i just left everything be
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• We have fantastic neighbors who have become our good friends. We trade childcare, meals, recipes, our spouses have helped do projects together (like remodeling a kitchen). Honestly, I prefer most of my neighbors to most of my relatives.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2009