seriously, who has successfully gotten spaghetti sauce out of carpet

OMG I spilled spaghetti sauce on my frikkin carpet, and on the stairs of all damn places.

crap!!

so I usually clean naturally
so far I am using what I would use on any carpet stain and it is equal parts
Borax-Salt-White Vinegar
it becomes a paste, you rub it in the carpet and then let it dry (-3m hours)and then vacuum it out

that has worked for me in the past

but my fear is that it wont work
I have never spilled spaghetti sauce so i dont know if itll work

LOL my fiance is so mad cause I cant reach most of the places it splashed on the wall so he was stuck cleaning it... :(

Now I just want to get it clean before we go to the last resorts which would be
Ammonia or A professional cleaner

advice please and Thank You

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 6:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Try your natural remedy first, if it doesn't work, or at least helps fade it but not remove it, go to Home Depot and find their clenaing products aisle. They carry a spot remover that's professional grade (and I think about $8) called FOLEX. Use that and a scrub brush to get the rest of the stain out.

DH and I own a carpet cleaning business and this is the spot remover we use (when we don't just use a concentrate spray of our regular cleaner), and it has proven to us time and time again that it's an amazing product!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I have spilled haircolor on my carpet and used peroxide (drugstore kind) to get it up. If that didn't work,I moved up to 10 volume. Don't know if it would work on spaghetti, but you could try. Just dab it with a cloth or cotton ball depending on the size.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 7:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2009