I've heard that when your getting ready for labor your bowels stimulate making you go number 2 a lot or giving you Diarrhea?

Okay im 38 weeks pregnant and measuring one week ahead! Well I've heard that when your getting ready for labor your bowels stimulate making you go number 2 a lot or giving you Diarrhea.. Well as of today I went potty and it was HUGE! like a baby arm! I've never in my life had a bowel movement like that before. Then I had another one! After every movement I would have contractions for a few hours then they'd go away. Could this be my body getting ready.. Or just two different things with nothing in common? Sorry its kinda gross

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yea i had that for a few days before i went in labor than i took castor oil and it start me from pooping and when in labor that night
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• it's different for everybody. i never had that problem. guess ull just have to wait and see.
    SCorbeau0616

Answer by SCorbeau0616 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• lol yeah I think labor does stimulate a bowl movement. a lot of women that have a bowl movement during labor is usually because of the pushing. I personally didn't while I was pushing but I did a couple times while I was having contractions but thankfully not on my delevery bed lol. don't be embarrased if you do though, it is normal.
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Its the bodys natural way of cleaning you out prior to delivery.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2009