I am 35 weeks pregnant.. My doc said that the baby is at 0 station now and I will not make it to due date..

Has anyboody ever been told this and how soon did you have your baby?

ivntee07

Asked by ivntee07 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 0 station means the baby is engaged in the pelvis. My sister was engaged with her last baby for 5 weeks. Many women go into labor without the baby being engaged yet. It really doesn't mean a whole lot unless you are having contrctions. Try to relax while you can.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• If you make it to 36 weeks your baby's lungs may be mature and the baby may not have to go to the NICU. So 36 weeks is a big goal. After that 38 weeks is a big goal. The brain grows a lot between 36 and 38 weeks.

It's impossible to predict when a baby will come.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• GrnEyedGrandma

-3 station is actually when they engage... 0 station is 1/2 way down and +3 station is when they crown

My daughter was at +2 station (much lower than 0 station) at 35 weeks and I was 4 cm dilated at that point and I still made it to my induction at 38 1/2 weeks. I wouldnt say that 0 station is anything to jump to the conclusion that you wont make it to your due date!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Gailll...

I have never heard that the brain continues to develop after 36 weeks, where did you hear that? And I was always under the impression that the lungs were expected to mature at 37 weeks, not 36 weeks
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• The lungs are developed by 37 weeks. Or so I've learned from doctors and books. I'm also curious as to where you heard its 36 weeks.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I checked out Gail's profile and people actually leave her comments stating that her advice is wrong and that she appears stupid. I just skip over her responses and dont even read them
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't worry about. just like pp said, some women stay like that for weeks. so, just rest and prepare for baby to come when baby is ready.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Jayden.. I beg to differ. 0 station is the head 'engaged' in the pelvis at the level of the ischial spine. I worked L&D for 3 years after nursing school.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• here is a link Jaydin, it shows 35 weeks and 39 weeks so i'm guessing 36 weeks would have brain size somewhere in between.

http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/240_48590.asp

i think you have a very good chance of making it to term btw. keep 37 weeks as your first goal, then 38, then 39, then 40. :) gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• A baby is considered full term at 37 weeks. Thats in every book. ask your doctor.
    Anonymous