I will be purchasing a new carseat in the next couple of months for my 17 month old. Any recommendations?

He is now 27 lbs so I want something that has a higher weight limit so I won't have to buy another one until it's time for a booster seat. I hate the one he has now (an Evenflo) so I really don't want to buy another product from them. Any suggestions are appreciated.

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 7:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd highly recommend the Orbit toddler car seat... I had an Orbit infant seat, and loved it so much that I didn't think twice about getting the toddler car seat from them too. And I love it every bit as much. As long as it's rearfacing (up to 35lbs), it can be on the rotating base, which makes getting him in and out of the car sooooo much easier. After he reaches 35lbs, we can use it forward facing up to 50lbs and 49 inches. Yes, it's pretty pricey, but absolutely worth it!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• maxi-cosi is expensive but great it's meant to do them till their 4 as the head rest goes up and down, plus it reclines a little so they can sleep on long journeys with out their head falling forward. Also their back/bum sits right back into the seat it molds better into their little bodies.
    check online for european makes their are many great car seats but you have to pay a little extra but so worth it.
    laika

Answer by laika at 7:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You want a rear facing even if that means you have to buy another one. Go to youtube and watch videos about how toddlers in forward facing car seats can experience decapitation. Your child is worth the $60.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• For the record, I do like the maxi-cosi ones, but the problem is that you can't install those rear facing... And I'm a big believer in rear facing as long as possible. Which is one of the many reasons I like my Orbit :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I will be forward facing, if that helps.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 7:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i have a convertable car seat for my dd i got it when she was 3 months its a eddie bauer the weight goes up to 100 pounds
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I have a britax it goes up to 65 lbs.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Graco Nautilus!!! I will never recommend a different car seat to anyone and we will use it for all our kids as long as it is around! You will not need to buy a new after you get this. It is really three forward facing seats in one! http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3009610

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i second the Graco nautilus, I love it. Walmart has it cheaper though. It got a really high mommy rating, check it out.

http://www.walmart.com/Graco-Nautilus-3in1-Car-Bravo/ip/8112222
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• the nautilus goes up to 65lbs. its awesome!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2009