What would you do if you found out.... Downs syndrome

No point in everyone arguing, just trying to see how many of you would carry the baby to full term or abort? Everyone has their own opinions and everyone will be different.. No judgement..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would chose to not keep a downs baby.. I mean nothing bad by that at all.. I know friends who have down syndrom children and they are adorable and wonderful and their parents are great.. I just, myself, could not do it. Im not saying its because they are not perfect.. it would just be a very tough thing to do either way, but I would choose to not keep the baby.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• it would depend on how severe the case was and if there were going to be other health problems but more than likely yes
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• with my 3rd child they told me that the baby had a 1 in 12 chance of having downs. I refused the amnio because there was a chance of miscarrying. There is no way in hell I was going to loose a child because it wasnt "perfect". She came out and she was perfect.... I need not even tell you if she has downs or not... because she is perfect just like she came. She is now 8.

I have a teenage daughter now (my first) and I see some of those "perfect" girls all slutted out, giving head, having sex, doing drugs.... who is to say what is "perfect". I have read on here about "perfect" teens who are now moms... would I consider that a "perfect" child???????
    Anonymous

• I don't think I'd be able to abort... But I would like to find out, just so I could prepare myself. And yes, I'm pro-choice. Which means exactly that, I think everybody should be able to decide for themselves. For me, I would probably choose to continue the pregnancy, unless there were other serious issues...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• givin anons case where they said 1 in 12...i would not...if they told me 50/50..yes i would
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I did the quad screen test with my first 2 pregnancies just because my dr recommended it, but looking back I don't see the point. I would never abort my baby, so what's the point in finding out. This 3rd pregnancy has been high-risk. There is a mass in my placenta that no one knows what it is. I refused the quad this time. If the quad had come back positive, they would want to do an amnio, which I would not be willing to do. I have a scheduled c-section Dec 16th and we'll find out then what God chose to bless us with this time.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Im curious to all the moms who would abort a non "perfect' child what they plan on doing when they have teens that disappoint them or make bad choices - cant legally kill them when they are that old. What do you plan on doing then??????
    Anonymous

• It all depends on you and if your strong enough to care for a child with special needs for life.
    I personally would keep the child as I've had my uncle and my cousin with special needs.
    Downs syndrome children/adults when in the right environment become very independent individuals they can do almost anything a "normal" child/adult can do if not more from working,sports,education and even living out on their own.
    They are so loving and caring people.
    laika

Answer by laika at 7:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• They will say 1 in 12 whenever you're 35 or over, just based on your age... After my quad screen it went down to 1 in 668 or something like that. However, I would never make a decision just based on those projections, because that's all they are... projections. To really know for sure one way or another, you should have an amnio. As for those who say they'd never have an amnio because they would keep the baby anyway, that is NOT the only reason to have one. Personally, I'd much rather know and have that time to prepare myself than be surprised at the birth... I ended up having an amnio because the ultrasound showed my baby had enlarged ventricles, which sometimes can indicate a serious problem. Abortion wasn't an option for me either, but I wanted to KNOW exactly what to expect...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Anouck i def. agree even if you decide to keep the baby you should be prepared and know what is going on... It would be heartbreaking to think everything is just as it should be then find out something was wrong... Plus it gives you time to do research and such to learn everything you can.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2009