What comforting words do you give when someone is going through a tough time?

Breaking up, death in a family, someone in the hospital, just bad news.....???

Just what do you say to make that other person feel ok or it's going to be ok bc there isn't really much you can say or do it is really up to the person on how they will handle it. But hearing some kind of caring from another helps.... I would think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would just tell them that if they ever needed me for anything, they can count on me. I think just knowing somebody will be there for you is a great comfort...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I say you and your family is in my prayers. I tell them if they ever need to talk no matter how late to call me. That how very sorry I am for their ---------
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I let them know that I will be available whenever they need me for whatever they need me for. I would only do this for very close friends.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I know it may not always be PC, but I also rely on religion to comfort someone when they are going through a rough time. I can often find scripture to help someone through a situation as well as just being there to talk to them and give them someone to lean on. Just letting them know that you are always there for them.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Just tell them you are there for them. Find a scripture as April suggested, one of comfort. Tell them that the storm will pass and that God truly does have a special plan for us all.

NEVER NEVER NEVER --- say "I know how you feel"

When I lost my parents at 13 I hated this more than anything. I would think, "really? Your dad shot your mom & himself? really?" I HATE that.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My advice is to just tell them " I AM HERE FOR YOU"  and a hug usually helps too

boogsmom3807

Answer by boogsmom3807 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I tell the person that I'm sorry that things are going badly for them, give a hug and tell them that I will pray for them.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2009