how do i get over my fear of getting married?

i left my first husband 2 years ago....he was a wonderful man until we got married. then he turned into a completely different person...well after 5 years of marriage and two children i called it quits. (he refused to quit his drugs alng with many other things) anyways, i have now been seeing a man for over a year now. the one and only person i have seen since i left my husband...we were friends for about 6 months b4 we started dating..and havent left been away from each other since. he is a great man. loved my kids as his own...is supportive in everything i want to do...has been the glue that held me together when my father passed away last month...we want to get married. but i am scared...and he knows it is because my first marriage left me jaded....how do i get over this fear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your first marriage was to a horrible person who didn't treat you right.. its hard to do, but don't compare the two.. This man seems like he loves you and if you are happy do it! Its hard to not do this, but don't let fear run your life.. you could be missing out on something wonderful... BUT if you decide not to get married, some of the happiest people i know have been dating for years and years and have no plans on getting married.. doesnt mean they love each other any less... good luck to you!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• There are a few good reasons to get married. If you want to live together since you have children, if you want to have a baby, if you want to buy a house, and maybe a couple of other reasons. If you want to do any of those then you should get married. It is just a legal form with the state. If you don't want to do any of those then there is no reason to get married until you are sure you are ready.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2009