What causes abdmormal paps?

Ever since I was 14 I've been having my yearly paps and every year they are normal. This last October I did my yearly one again and this was 3 months after I had my son and they send me a card saying it was normal. Today I get a call from my primary doctor asking if why I haven't received any care for my abdnormal pap. I told him I was told it was normal but he told me otherwise. I called the place I got it done at and asked them and they told me it was abdnorml as well and they will call me back and explain why, they never did and now I have to wait till tomorrow. I was wondering what causes abdnormal paps. I already know HPV does, but what else can. I've been thinking my husband cheated on me and now this scares me that he did and gave me a STD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Health

• Not sure if an STD can cause an abnormal pap but I know precancerous cells can, also paps can be wrong. Try not to worry to much tonight and once you talk to your Dr, depending on what they have found they might want to do a type of biopsy which gives clearer results. My mom has had several abnormal paps and once they do the biopsy it has came back normal.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Don't panic. Your ob-gyn tested you for all things when you had your son so I don't think it is from any std. Just talk with your dr or call the health dept

Answer by admckenzie at 8:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2009