How do I get my 7-yr-old son to like school?

He hates it. He hates everything about it. Teachers, all subjects, homework, EVERYTHING!! He's a very smart boy and specially good at math. He just hates school. Doing he's homework is a struggle every day and I really don't know what to do. I wake him up in the morning to get him ready for school and that's another struggle because he's always crying about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you considered homeschooling?
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 7:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Does he have a good relationship with his classmates? Are his presenting there classes in a way that is intriguing for him? Has it always been this way or just this year? haev you talked to the school counselor about his/your struggles to try and figure out a plan to help make it a more 'acceptable' experience for him? Those are the things I would look at first. especially if home-schooling is not an option.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• He could be bored since he's not being challenged enough. Is he gifted?
    Anonymous

• OP here

But_Mommie

He is very popular and has lots of friends. Yes, it has always been this way. The school conselor has been seeing my son for 2 months but nothing's changed.

ANON,

Yes, he is a very smart boy and that could be a reason for his behaviour. However, if that's the case, there's nothing we can do about it because his grades are low.
    Anonymous