my daughter's a picky eater she only eats noodles rice lunchmeat peeled apples grapes juices and water and her list of likable foods is getting shorter by the day 'm worried i tried pediaure and she hates that too as well s milk andcheese help me running out of options!!!! what should I do???

The only thing that works sometimes... Is mixing veggies with meat but if she won't eat the meat howdo i get her to eat the veggies??

yauna-elimom

Asked by yauna-elimom at 7:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop letting her choose. Set her food in front of her, if she doesn't eat it, fine, if she does praise her. If she tries healthy food praise her. Give her all the healthy choices she wants, but also include others she hasn't tried. And tell her why. We eat beans to keep us from being sick. We eat oranges to keep us from having colds. Stuff on her level.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 7:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Give her a nicely rounded selection, let her pick for herself, and if she won't eat anything else she is done. Don't make a big deal of it. Don't hover and act worried. Don't coax. Say have you had enough? and then remove what is left. Make sure there are tiny little bites so she can sample little bits. Food becomes a power struggle sometimes.

Answer by Bmat at 8:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I tried to set food in front of my son and he wouldn't eat it, I tried the okay eventually he will eat, nope didn't work. 3 days he ate nothing. He liked, chicken nuggets, peanut butter toast, and bean burritos, and pancakes. I swear thats all I could get him to eat for months on end. He is much older now and eats a variety of foods. So he survived.
    Anonymous

• Pediasure is loaded with sugar; I would avoid it. Your daughter is probably in what I call the air-o-tarian phase. They all go through it. First, make sure that she is drinking water, so she doesn't get dehydrated.
    Most important, do not create a monster who only eats nuggets, mac and cheese and hot dogs.
    Just keep offering a variety of healthy foods, and eventually she will start eating.
    Frozen foods are fun to play with, and will get eaten, like peas, blueberries and corn. Chunks of avocado and tofu are loaded with great nutrition, and are fun to squish between little fingers.
    I have never met a toddler who wouldn't eat hummus (lots of calcium, protein, good fats and iron), you can mix it with a mashed egg.
    Offer cut fruits with yogurt dip, fresh veggies with hummus or salad dressing, cooked whole wheat pasta and veggies with marinara or peanut sauce or cheese sauce.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• We use the 3 bite rule. You must try 3 bites of what is on your plate; if you don't like it, you fix yourself peanut butter and honey on whole grain toast with a kiwi or apple. Even my husband is expected to follow the rule.
    If you cave now, you will forever have a picky monster on your hands. I promise that your child will not starve. Moms who cave are part of the reason why by the end of next year one half of American children will be both undernourished and overweight. One third of children born in this century will develop type 2 diabetes.
    Keep offering a variety of healthy foods; stop buying junk foods until the picky phase has passed,