Getting into heaven

For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
*****************************************************************
The Pharisee's lived a legalistic lifestyle. They were 100% devout to God, at least on the outside. They memorized the Torah and upheld God's laws to the extreme. I thought Jesus took those legalistics away. Cause how I read this is I have to be more holy then the Pharisees and the disciples. Although not impossable just I thought were weren't under legalism anymore.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 8:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• legalism was replaced with Grace .... when we allow ourselves to rest in the Father everything including righteousness and holiness falls into place. We make the choice to enter into His precense. The pharisees were all about making themselves look good... but Jesus all He wants is use to be in His precense and He will take care of the rest!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Their righteousness was based in the law, not God's grace or Christ's charactor. What Jesus is saying is that we have to put on Christs righteousness by accepting Him as Lord and Savior. Too many people want the Jesus that saves but do not want to submit to His will and lordship of their lives.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• blah, blah, blah...anyone else sleepy?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Anon...why did you even bother? How rude! Go bother someone else with your rudeness please.
    MamaCass07

Answer by MamaCass07 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• mamacass why did you even bother? you didnt answer the question either!!!

This has to be the most agravating question. Why ask others about how to get into heaven? If you dont know look it up. DOes the Chirstian faith not teach self reliance?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Anon obviously you are not a christian so please refrain from answering christian questions if you can't play nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Getting into heaven ....IS A GIFT FROM JESUS WHEN WE SAY YES TO HIM AND HIS SALVATION THROUGH HIS BLOOD ON THE CROSS.......... IF YOU WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE AND EVERY ONE DIES .......... TELL JESUS YOUR SORRY FOR ALL YOUR SIN AND GIVE THEM TO HIM AND HE GIVES YOU THE HOLY SPRIT.. SO ASK THE HOLY SPRIT TO HELP YOU AND HE WILL. .......... LISTEN TO  WWW.BBNRADIO.ORG   THEY ARE GREAT AND HAVE CHAT ROOM....   IF YOU DIE WITH OUT JESUS AND HAVE YOU SIN ON YOU DOWN YOU GO..  IF YOU HAVE GIVEN YOUR SIN TO JESUS YOU CAN GO UP UP UP ....... TO HEAVEN 

Anonymous

• So what if I am not able to confess a sin before I die?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009