Can you be pregnant and get a negative pregnancy test?

With my first I had positive pregnancy test at 6 weeks but it was so faint. I never tested again to see if it got darker. Now I really think I'm pregnant but keep getting negatives. Is that possible even if a previous pregnancy gave you a positive?

TBSNBubblegum

Asked by TBSNBubblegum at 8:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is possible but how many have you taken? You may just not be pregnant.
    If you really think you are call your dr for a blood test. You can also just wait it out another week and test again.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Well I haven't had a peirod since 7/28. I am irregular and the last time I went this long was when I found out I was pregnant with my first. I've been taking tests once a week for the last couple months. I have an appt on the 18th. I just would like to have some reassurance that I'm not completley crazy!
    TBSNBubblegum

Answer by TBSNBubblegum at 8:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Umm Ya that is a bit long. You IMO are most likely pregnant. I know a couple girls who NEVER got a positive their whole pregnancy .
    Good luck!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Yes. I got a negative on a Wednesday and then took the second test 2 days later just to use it and positive! I was 3 weeks pregnant. I used First Response. Don't use Dollar Tree. After my positive, I gathered several brands of tests (even digital) Dollar tree test was the only one that showed up negative after that!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:19 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• yes. I was actually 4 months pregnant with my son before I got a positive result on a HPT. I say call your doctor for a blood test.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Just get a blood test already!!! LOL
    mommymary6507

Answer by mommymary6507 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009