My almost 7 year old cries over everything

My daughter is so freakin sensitive. She cries over any and everything.
Yesterday her friend had 4 quarters from doing chores so my DD comes out the house screaming and crying because she didnt have any quarters. She always thinks she is supposed to get what everyone else has. I explained to her that if she did chores then she could also get allowence but she never wants to do chores.

How can I get her to stop crying about every little thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Do you give in to her often if she cries or show her a lot of attention? Maybe she feels like if she cries she can get her way? If so, stop...if you don't so that then I would sit her down and have a talk with her and let her know that she's 7 now and needs to act like a 7 year old, not a baby.
    Anonymous

• yeah if the tears affect you she will keep using them. when she is calm set her down and tell her that big 7 year old girls don't dry like lil babys and if she wants to talk about something you won't listen if she is crying, so next time she comes to you crying tell her you won't talk to her til she is calm. then stick to it!
    mr2snafu

Answer by mr2snafu at 9:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2009