Selling Formula?

My son had to have his formula switched so I have several cans of Similac Advance unopened that I do not need. How much will these go for and where can I sell them? Do people actually buy formula from craigslist. I did not use WIC to get them I just bought bulk and cannot return or trade them at the store. To be exact I have 10 cans.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think ive seen them sell it on craigslist. If you have the small cans its like 12 bucks a can so....
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I sold 22 cans on Craigslist (I also bought in bulk, but went a little overboard) for $150.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I personally wouldnt buy formula online like that. Just because there are so many nuts out there that will do stuff to things like that.
    You could always donate it though and use it as a tax write off.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I donated mine when my son had to switch and all his outgrown baby close to a non-profit organization that works with and helps young parents.

maybe look for something like this?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I sold my extra on eBay. Lots of people buy it on-line. $6+shipping sure beats the $12 you'd have to spend in the store. You won't get what you paid for it, of course, but there are always people looking for a deal. Just be sure to state that it's unopened and the expiration date.

Or you can donate it. Whoever gets it I'm sure would really appreciate it, especially this time of year.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Isn't it illegal or something to sell it like that? Seems like I've seen things on cans before taht said "not for resale" or something to that effect.
    Anonymous

• YOu usually see not for resale on the sample cans.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i sold mine for 5 a can, ppl gave me tons and i bf
    momoftatertots

Answer by momoftatertots at 11:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2009