Insightful question....

A fellow mother asked a very good question. Why should incest be a crime when gay marriage is not? My stance, as long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, who cares. What is the difference? They aren’t hurting anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "There isn't really much difference between gays and incest morally, but children born into an incest relationship can be harmful to the child genetically. Because they may share some of the same genes it is not good to "keep it in the family" None of us have the right to judge gays or incests but I don't think they(incest) should have children."

Since gays can not have children of their own, it doesn't matter with them. As far as incest couples are concerned, if they should not have children, then ALL married couples should be genetically tested. If there is a chance that a child of theirs is going to have deformities, then they should not marry either.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Incest babies come out retarded so yea there is a difference. How many gay peoples children are retarded?? NONE THEY CANT HAVE ANY.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I don't care if gay people get married go for it!! I don't care if a brother and a sister get married. I don't give a shit. But there is definitely a big difference between gay and incest.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• None incest babies have mental issues too. Gay people do have children, and yes they can have mental issues. I think the question the OP is talking about had a very good point. This question just proved even more so how hypocritical people on this site are. You are willing to preach equal rights for one group of people but not another?

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Are you blind? i just said that I dont care if gays or incest people get married. I have a problem with her saying that there is no difference.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Consenting adults and i'm good. Even if I personally find it disgusting.........the incest thing that is, mostly because I have a brother that I didn't not grow up with. However, he was in the same third/fourth grade classroom as my sister. We didn't know it. Had we not moved they could have dated and it was many many many years before we would have known he was our full brother. If they had fallen in love and married (which made me shiver, lol) then found out they were related, would it make a difference?

A huge part of it is if you grow up with someone. I.e, you could grow up with an adopted sibling who you have no blood relation to and something romantic would feel grosser than a full sibling you'd never known but fell in love with as an adult.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 9:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

Are you ? If you look at the time slots I posted 2 mins after you which means when you made your second comment I was still typing. I am sorry I didnt post fast enough to catch you second post, Why do you feel the need to try to start something. Even with your second post ii still would had stated what I stated. so get over it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Yea and gay people have children but not like a man or a woman. They can adopt but them themselves do not have3 sex and one of them gets pregnant . Thats what I meant.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I dont pay attention to the time slots because I dont know how long it takes you to type or if anyone is even commenting.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• have****
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2009