anyone lack energy what to do HELP, im going to loose my family

I lack so much energy, not even red bulls get me going, ive gone to doctors, done blood work, done b12, done excercise, my doctor recommended prozac,, im tired, not depressed(sorry no offense). but i really need help, ive had brain scans done and they cant find anything, any suggestion what else to try, i feel like this with 8 hrs of sleep, 14 hrs of sleep, 3 hrs of sleep, i just want to sleep all day, cant finish cleaning my room for 5 days cuzz im always tired.. HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hypothyroidism? chronic fatigue syndrome? do some google searches and take notes to ask your doctor. High stress can tire you excessive worrying tendancies is draining.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Has to be depression. You named evrything under the sun!
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I'd try the prozac. A lot of times depression does present with feeling tired and nothing else. It probably wouldn't hurt anything to try it.

They only other medical things that pop in my head are make sure that the doctor has checked your blood sugar-fasting, random, two hours after eating. Also, has your blood pressure been good?

Both can cause extreme fatigue. Oh yeah something else just popped in....sleep apnea. A friends husband had it and he would fall asleep in the middle of a conversation. He had to sleep with a cpap machine. If you have sleep apnea you are not fully resting. Your sleep is interrupted causing fatigue.

Good Luck.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 9:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• you might have sleep apnea and not know it. My brother felt that way until he realized what he had. You will feel like you didnt get any sleep because you stop breathing in the middle of the night while you're asleep. he wears a mask now at night and although its a little irratating and hard to get used to, he feels much better about sleep. You should look into it. Do you snore? it could be sleep apnea.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Same here... I have really bad allergies so i get run down easy. I also have sarcoidsis and that makes me tired really easy. I can sleep 10 hrs, and still lay down anytime and fall asleep...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Typing one too many o's in the word lose probably wore you out.
    Anonymous

• PP, I'm sure that was an accident. Pfft. Yeah, could be depression. I feel for ya, hugs.
    Anonymous

• um did they check for lupus? my friend has lupus and what made her find out is 1) NO ENERGY 2) gained alot of weight quickly 3)alopecia (hair loss)
    Anonymous

• Thyroid disorders can cause this, although not the only thing...but unfortunately sometimes tests do not show up accurately until your thyroid is in really bad shape. My mom also found out she was low on potassium, and once she had supplements she had all kind of energy. (DO NOT take a potassium supplement before checking with your Dr. because too much can also be bad). Iron is another main factor in chronic fatigue. If you don't eat much red meat or dark leafy green veggies, you may need an iron supplement aside from you normal multivitamin. Somehow juicing with fresh veggies and fruits gave me more energy...my fave is carrot with apple...and I also like Kale and banana smoothies. I swear they aren't gross!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I have sleep apnea and if I don't use my c-pap machine......I am wiped out the whole entire day and can fall asleep at the drop of a hat.
    See your Dacter and ask him to refer you for a sleep study....they are painless and if you have kids it's almost like a "get away" of sorts, lol...
    My husband noticed my breathing patterns at night and made me go in for a sleep study...turns out I stop breathing every 63 seconds and can stop for up to 82 seconds......
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2009