could it be time? or close to time?

At 26 weeks i went into preterm labor from dehydration, and found out that my cervix is 2.5 (short) well they told me to try to make it to 34 weeks. Im currently 31 weeks and since 30 weeks i have had lower back pain that is bad, and every time i sit down i feel like im squishing my baby's head, her feet are in my ribs all the time causing trouble to breath often. Could this be a sign that labor is near? or too soon. I do have the braxton hicks contractions, i have a doctor app on Tues. so idk if im dilated, this is my first baby. I cant stand up for to long and i cant sit for too long either, even just sitting for 5 mins bother me same with standing. could i be close? and if so how much longer?

i also have had the urge to go to the bathroom alot more ( bowel)

it also get really hot to me everywhere i am. and its just me . i ask others if its hot and they say no.

if so how long would this happen, like in 3 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are getting close. However, you'll know it's time when either your water breaks or you see "bloody show," (a bloody mucous tinged vaginal discharge). Calm down and rest, as often as you can. Of course, the baby is pressing on your bladder, bowels, etc., and you'll go to the bathroom more often. You're carrying extra weight so this has a tendancy to raise your blood pressure (which is why you feel hot). If the obstretician hasn't expressed any concerns over your blood pressure, don't worry about it. The longer you carry the baby, the better it's chances at being borne healthy. Hopefully, you will have chosen a hospital that has a neonatal center that can address any newborn concerns.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 10:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You may be getting close. But I dont know of any doctors who would just let you have the baby at 31 weeks if they could help it. If you go into labor, they will probably stop it.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Could be; I'd check in with your Dr and keep hydrated and consume plenty of protein.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2009