Ok so a friend in the daycare business said its not good for babies to use a bottle after 12 months old so i have been trying to get him on sippy cup but not going well at all. Is this true? and if so how did you transition ur baby from bottle to sippy cup?

plz comment or message me plz

tylersmommy54

Asked by tylersmommy54 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son drank a bottle until he was 2 years old. It was the only way I could get him to drink milk. Just keep trying and do what you feel is best. You will always have someone telling you what is right and what isnt.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry. I think your friend is right and my kids just took the cup no problem both of them. I you say sorry there are no bottles he will eventually drink out of the cup. I did not have to fight my kids about this and am surprised that your child doesn't want that yummy juice or milk out of a big kid cup.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• It took us awhile to find the right sippy for her.Bbelieve it or not after buying many different types and brands the best one we found was the disposable/reusable ones that came a 3 pack at walmart for 3 dollars. It may take some trials to find the right one but my 9 month old has been drinking from this sippy for a few months. Good Luck!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Its no proof that it isn't good for a child to continue the use of a bottle after 12 months old. The only thing that you have to worry about it the bed time bottles. Don't allow your baby to fall asleep with a bottle of milk or juice (and that goes for a sippy too). Dental studies do show that when babies do this they dramatically increase there chances of tooth decay and early cavities. However it is a good idea for your little one to start drinking from a sippy b/c it does improve his motor skills.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i started giving my daughter a cup occasionally at 4 months. she was completely off the bottle at 10 months. she was kind of picky about what kind of cups she would use though
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• THROW OUT ALL OF THE BOTTLES just throw them away and your lil one will catch on when they get hungry enough! that sounded kinda mean but it worked for me
    chowmom199

Answer by chowmom199 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Like a PP said you may need to try out a few sippy cups. My DD loves playtex, been on it since 6months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i packed away all the bottles and he really didnt seem to care. so it was an easy transition for him
    tylersmommy54

Comment by tylersmommy54 (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2010