trying to flip the baby any ideas??

I'm 29 weeks prego and my baby hasn't turned, my dr's sayin i might neeed a c section if she doesn't move soon. my hubby and i were wondering if there was any sex positions we can try? anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You have plenty of time for the baby to turn. My oldest flipped at 38 weeks, the day before I was induced with him. Babies can even turn in labor. There are some tricks to try if your baby still hasn't turned several weeks from now, if you check out www.spinningbabies.com  You can do stuff like laying upside down on an ironing board to life your baby up out of the pelvis so she can move more easily.  But really, babies flip a lot even up to the end.  Don't worry about it.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I heard squatting in a pool and rocking back and forth and side to side is supposed to help. Even just swimming sometimes will do the trick...at least that's what they told us in my child birth class. Maybe go to a YMCA or some place with an indoor pool (if you live somewhere cold) and give it a try.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I always heard to get on all fours and rock back and forth but that's an old wive's tale. Not sure if there is any truth to it. The doctor turned my baby in the delivery room and didn't do a c-section.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• your baby can turn during labor.
    and for him to be pushing a c/s already at 29 wks means somethings up, either he has plans around your due date or he's just looking for more money. most dr's don't start talking about that until 34 wks. so, you have plenty of time.
    also, if you try to turn the baby now, s/he will just keep turning. don't worry about it. all will be fine
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't worry yet. My last pregnancy was twins and they were in a different position at every sonogram. They were constantly flipping around. They weren't both head down until 5 days before they were born at 38 weeks.
    Summersmom360

Answer by Summersmom360 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I was told by my doctor to get down on all four for 10 mins a day until she turned. It worked and it's not uncomfortable because it gets the baby off of everything. Mine always loved getting under my ribs and she couldn't in that position. lol
    I wonder why they are already bringing that up to you... it's really early for them to worry you about a c-section.
    Anonymous

• My midwife does external versions for women when they get close to their due date. You can ask if someone in the practice or maybe someone at your hospital can do it for you. You really have plenty of time.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You do have plenty of time for the baby to move. I was 35 weeks with my first child and she was turned the wrong way. 4 weeks later I went into labor and she had turned the right way. My last baby was turned the wrong way as well. It was not head up wrong way, it was turned backwards. The Dr had me get on my hands and knees for about an hour and she flipped over quickly. I don't know if that would help you though.
    kellih77

Answer by kellih77 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Call around for a chiro with EXPERIENCE in the Webster technique. It's 90% effective. My chiro has turned at least 15 babies, never been unable to do one, AND it wasn't dangerous to the baby.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You still have time. I had an external version, but it was unsuccessful. Where I live, no one does them anymore. I will tell you that it doesn't feel good. And there is no pain medication at all so they can tell if you suddenly go into labor. My middle child was comfy where he was, and didn't want to turn. LOL. I have heard of lying on an ironing board and having someone tilt it backward. Must have help though.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2009