is a constand dull pain in the lower abdomen signs of labor?

im 37 weeks with a healthy baby boy who seems to be more ready to come than i am. ive been having a low dull pain off and on since sunday night each day more frequently and a lil stronger. it is also radiating down my right leg. not having any pain in my back and my stomach is only tightening up every few hours. am i anywhere near needing to go to the hospital or not?

Bella3113

Asked by Bella3113 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't sound like it. When you are truly in labor (well active labor) there will be absolutely no question about it! I was in premature labor from 34 weeks until I delivered at 38weeks. (I was on bedrest and medication to slow the progress) contractions in very early labor felt like annoying menstrual cramps which progressively get worse as labor goes on. In active labor.. the reason there will be no question about it, is because the pain will be great enough where you have to stop whatever you're doing and breathe through the pain. I wish you luck :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Call the labor & delivery dept of your hospital. They can be more helpful to you about what to watch for

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2009