what should i do?

i got sick and was off work for almost a month...the problem is before...i was working full time and going to school part time..i have two children a 2yr old ds and a 5 yr old dd....i have enjoyed this extra time with them....i dont want to leave them....but i HAVE to work...going to school is an OPTIONAL thing for me...but if i get my degree i can provide for my kids better than working as a cook at a dead end job (as i am now). i am divorced so staying home is not an option....but i remember b4 i got sick and had to stop work and school for a while...i would come home feed and bath my kids...put them to bed...and then cry because i didnt get to spend time with them...it seemed like they were with other people more than me..and it hurt...i have to work...i duno what to do...find a diff job where i can have weekends off? quit school? i just dont know what to do..all i know is i dont want to leave my kids....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Can you work a shift when they are sleeping? I worked second shift when my kids were that small and the sitter only had to feed them dinner, watch them a few hours and put them to bed. She was there after they went to bed but she wasn't with them more than me while they were awake. I was home by midnight so I got to sleep and be with them all morning and most of the afternoon. You could take classes online.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Your children are still young. I think when they get older they will be much happier knowing that you did everything you could do to provide them a future. I would continue to go to school, if you could find another job with a better schedule than great., but I would definitely stay in school.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i have no sitter for night time...the only family i have is my step mom and my brother...my brother works two jobs..and my step mom work from 5 am to 430pm but she doews watch them on sat and sun morning when i am working...my dd is in kindergaten and my ds has daycare for when i am at work or school...i just have enjoyed this time with them soo much....i am not ready to leave them again..i know i am doing what i have to by working and i am doing good by going to school...but it just hurts me to leave them...and to think of what i am missing..since i left my husband 2 years ago it seems all i have been doing is work work work to keep the bills paid and food on our table...my little girl is growing up so fast...she is sooo smart..and my little boy ...he is just soo sweet....he follows me around giving me hugs...and playing games....i feel horrible...
    Anonymous

• As the child of a working mom, I would say it was way more important that my mom was home more. If it was me, I'd give up the school thing until the kids are both in school, then they'll be gone all day anyway. So if it was me, I'd work on being with them while they are little. When I was a kid, that was what I wanted most and what I wish I would have had the most now. GL and I wish you the best!
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 11:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• ty...tes..that sounds like a really good solution....my son is two now so i would only be putting off school...for what 2 1/2 years...that really isn't that long....i think that is what i was wanting to hear...i just needed reinforcement on it...if i could jsut have the weekend off with them...that would be great...work mon thru friday...then have sat and sun with my babies....i would be able to support them and spend the time with them (that we both need) my kids and i are happier when we get quality time together,.
    Anonymous