• In the Spotlight:

Anyone know anything about banking laws? How is it possible (it

happened to me by my husband I'm not trying to do it behind his back) How is it possible to be approved for a home equity loan in only one spouse's name without permission from the other spouse when there'a a mortgage in joint tenancy with right to survivorship for that other spouse????? That jtwrts means the mortgage is a dual credit approved mortgage when the house was originally bought.

HOW CAN my husband get a home equity loan (he did not forge my signature) when I'm on the original mortgage too and didn't agree to a loan on a house that I partially own and am responsible on paying off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd be calling the company that was stupid enough to approve a loan like that and ask them what they were thinking. You might try a legal site like www.avvo.com (that is 2 v's not a w) and ask or call your mortgage co and ask their legal dept what to do or who to call to fix that.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• hi i'm op, yeah i though it was weird. Obviously the home equity loan bank did records searches and found I own the house too!!!!! Can you just say a little what avvo.com is? Thanks for responding.
    Anonymous

• I do work at a bank and I guess perhaps in your state it is ok? I know in my state it is NOT ok. I'd call that bank asap and first ask if it's legal in your state, and if not, I'd probably piss a fit lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• It is definitely not legal in Illinois

Answer by rkoloms at 1:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2009