Do you smoke pot?

I previous "Pot smoking Dad" question raised a lot of questions in my mind. How many of you smoke pot? Personally, I've never touched the stuff. Or any illegal drug for that matter. I did smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, but stopped everything the second I found out I was pregnant and haven't had either since then. Am I the only one who thinks doing illegal drugs, whether you have a child or not, is not ok? So many of you freely admitted to breaking the law, doesn't that worry you? Aren't you afraid your children are going to do the same thing you are? Or will that be ok too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have when I was younger I have absolutely no problem with it and know a lot of people who still do. If I understand why a law is put into affect then I have no problem obeying that law but when a law is not really legitimate to me I will admit I may not follow it. Like they are passing anti-smoking laws everywhere, now i do understand the point but why are they taking away my freedoms when they should be more worried about companies selling people harmful products. The US government and State governments will keep losing legitimacy if they keep imposing on the citizens rights but do not sanction or regulate the rich and big corporations.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 11:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I don't smoke pot. I used to. Um..I will probably be bashed for this but here goes. I think weed is the only illegal drug that I wouldn't have a problem with people doing. However coke,meth, acid those kinds I do have a problem with. Just because someone freely admits breaking the law doesn't mean they will get in trouble, I think some people think that makes them "cool" . As for the child thing. If he tried pot I would be disappointed but I'm not going to scream at him and ground him for life, if I did that then he wouldn't talk to me about things. I would just ask him to promise me not to do it again. Hes only 2 right now but he will grow up to be respectful and honest. I'm not worried about drugs and my child.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i absolutely do NOT drink or use drugs...it is 100% not ok...i have seen the effects of drugs and alcohol on people...and when my exH had gotten in to drugs i took the kids and left....no life for anyone...especially not for kids...those who do use are to self involved to realize what they are doing to themselves and others...i know because when i was a teenage i was a full blown drug addict...i didnt care...at the time i thought i did ..but after being clean for 7 years an reflecting many times...i can see i didnt care about anything but myself and my habits..
    Anonymous

• I do NOT smoke it and never have it's just not my thing. I know people, parents that smoke pot daily and they are lazy parents that put their kids last. I'm not talking one family I'm talking about several.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I have never smoked pot or any illegal drug. I've never even seen it. However, I did smell it once. I used to cut hair and these two guys came in one night and they stunk really bad. I had no idea what it was and asked some of the other girls. They laughed at me and said it was pot. Just the smell gave me a headache. I can't imagine what actually smoking it would do to me and I never want to find out. I don't think it's ok to do any of that stuff. I think it's disgusting.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 12:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I am a 32 yr old mother of 4 and YES I do but no one would ever, ever know (other than my husband who DOES NOT). I only do it when my daughter is away at her Dad's for the weekend and I'm home alone with my husband and have a moment of "me time". I find it enjoyable and relaxing. I do not feel I am a bad parent for this either. I am a very responsible, successful, involved mother and wife. I have never been in trouble and I don't neglect my children ever. It is a personal decision and I feel that I do it in a responsible manner, the same way that some mothers may choose to have a glass of wine to unwind.

I don't choose to get into the "breaking the law" issue. Everyone breaks laws. Do you ever speed in your car? That is something that is against the law and can endanger the lives of others. What is the difference?

Again, no one would EVER know I do this and I like being discreet. It's my little secret....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I smoked pot in college but I out grew the whole pot thing before I even graduated. I didn't smoke it that often though because I played college ice hockey and wouldn't touch it during the hockey season. For the record, I've never smoked a single cigarette! I think cigarettes are way grosser and obviously way more addicting than pot!

Like I said though, I got over that phase a long time ago. I barely even drink, less then one drink a month for sure, guess I got over that in college too!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:47 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I believe 100 percent that Pot is a gateway drug to other things. I come from a family of drug addicts. Mom`s drug of choice was heroine , Dad the same , my brother ( garbage junkie ) that means anything he can get his hands on and my sister loves smoking pot. I am no angel , I haven`t smoked pot in 3 years. I think it is retarded to smoke it to just get high. It is okay for people that need it for pain or to help them want to eat (prescribed uses). The people I mentioned all started by smoking pot. People that use drugs to get high are trying to escape inner feelings they have. The problems and sadnees they have don`t go away they just end up more messed up , cause they end up with addictions which lead to all kinds of problems. I make sure to educate my children about drugs so they don`t hear non sense from their friends. My children know exactly what drugs lead to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• To the mom that says no one would ever know. Never say never, all good things come to an end you`ll eventually get caught by an authority. How do you get your pot? Does it just appear in yours hands? Someone is your supplier and someone is theirs and so on and so on.............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I used to smoke it, and glad I don't any more. It made me dizzy and stupid.
    PeaceChild

Answer by PeaceChild at 12:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2009