Did you need the MMR vaccine after pregnancy?

If so, did you breastfeed your child? Did they recieve their vaccines with out any problems? Thanks.

MomofDom21

Asked by MomofDom21 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Health

• ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• The MMR never sticks with me for some reason. I've gotten it 5 times. 4 times it was after I had my babies, I breastfed all four of them. None of them had any problems getting vaccinations later on.
    Anonymous

• Why would they give the MMR AFTER pregnancy? that doesn't make any sense to me seeing as Rubella is not harmful EXCEPT to the UNBORN child.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• The above information is NOT about the MMR vaccine, it's about autism. The medical community does not know what causes autism. I know several women who have two children with autism that didn't vaccinate any of their children. Some blame ultrasounds or the doppler, TV, malnutrition. The cause of autism is still very much UNKNOWN.

Below I have included information about the MMR including information about breastfeeding after you get the MMR vaccine.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/combo-vaccines/mmr/faqs-mmr-hcp.htm

http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/vaccines-bf.html

Anonymous

• They give it to you after for your next pregnancy. They can't give it to you while your pregnant because it's not safe.
    Anonymous

• I should have said not safe for the fetus.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I had to get it right before I was discharged. I can never seem to develop antibodies to rubella. As far as vaccines go, my son is fully vaccinated and has had no problems.I did breastfeed him until he was 2 years old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. You don't NEED to get any vaccine. That's a live virus vaccine, by the way, and your baby could catch it from you.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Huh, i have never had any vaccines after pregnancy at all, out of the 3 diseases that are in the MMR vaccine Rubella is the only vaccine i had, i got it when i was 11 or so. It makes no sense to give it after pregnancy, the diseases are dangerous to a pregnant woman because it can cause defects in the baby (measles and rubella).
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2009