If you were wealthy...

Would you spend frivolously or would you stay semi modest? I was just watching the real house wives of orange county.. This womans Dh was complaining about thier finances then the wife went out and got a face lift for her and a nose job for their 19 year old daughter! Then the shopping spree's.. Whoa they spend more money on clothes than I spend on my house!

I think If I came into that kind of wealth I would stay Modest but I would do more fun things too. Going on trips and such. I wouldnt buy thousands of dollars worth of clothes.. I would put that money away for a rainy day or my Kids college fund. Never hurts to have extra money just in case! I wouldnt buy a yacht and a 5 million dollar house. Id buy a normal house and car for each DH and I.. I just want to be stable not rediculous.... Although being rediculous would be fun! lol

What would you do if you had lots of wealth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would by the house of my dreams - victorian style 5-6 bedrooms fully finished basement, that is all I can possibly use in space. I would have nice newer cars but I wouldn't buy a new one every year that is so silly to me. I would make sure my mom and dad and my DH mom all were taken care of for life. I would make sure my DD college was paid for but I would not give her a trust fund I would make her make her own wealth and her own life. Mostly I would like to start a child care center in low income areas that is open whenever the parents need child care and has a sick room so parents can go to work when the kids are sick and would have supportive meetings to help the parents learn how to raise their children to go to college and not end back up as low income. I would love to be able to fund this on my own.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 11:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• If I had a ton of money I know that as soon as I got it I would be so overwhelmed that I would probably spend it like crazy. After a couple of days I would come to my senses.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• buy my own private island..and only allow certain people on it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• oh I would have lypo because I am sick of being over weight but it is terribly hard to lose the weight right now, since I have a lot of stress and every time I start doing good with a healthy diet and more exercise someone or something dies or finals come and all I want is comfort food. I would love to be able to be thin again now that I realize how easy it is to stay thin then to get back there lol.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 11:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Depends how wealthy if I was filthy rich then yeah I would spend it left and right, if wealthy like the real house wife's shows then I would watch what I buy put money away for my kids college founds and then go from there.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Buy a bit of land with a few acres, build a comfy home, nothing TOO grand. Few trips? Maybe. Not spend more then I needed on the house, put money up for the kids and their college & to have enough to live on during.

Help a few charities and volunteer & would NOT spend $800 for stupid shoes or a dress......shirt.......etc. like those filthy rich women do ( and the mens clothing ) I would actually buy loads of clothes,(jackets of all sizes) keep them in my cars and give them to the men I see downtown whom are standing in the cold to go eat inside the shelters!

I actually cried seeing a man in the cold rain walking in need of a thick jacket and mittens,hat..etc if I HAD the extra Id give it NOW. sad to see our nation hungry & homeless.

Some one loved these people. Government needs to help them, not pay for a lame war that will NEVER end. MILLIONS of dollars, wasted and eldery suffer in the good ole USA. God bless WHO?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Sorry bout the rant......just hate to see people in ANY country suffer and go hungry. I feel so much more can be done and it has never been done. The elderly and children...so sad to see them. Homeless. SO sad.

I know I would do more then I do now to help the community, as it should. I would open a food bank too........and a place where people can get clothes, either bought or from a clothing/food drive!

A little bit of love and help goes a LONG way to some one in need and makes THEIR day and yours knowing some one out there...... cares!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• We are wealthy and I spend modestly most of the time. Christmas time is a whole different story, I do not shop the sales if I see something I get it no matter the cost. We can afford the face lifts and the boob jobs but I see no point in it, my husband is very happy with how I am, we would rather use our money on fun stuff such as boats, cars, etc.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I would still be a penny pincher.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2009