disgusting, but I need help!!!

so, i gave birth 3 days ago, and I havent gone to num. 2 yet. BUT I REALLY NEED TO GO!!!! it hurts when I sit down and it hurts when i walk b/c i can feel the big time pressure of it coming out or something. ( I knw ladies, WAY TO MUCH INFORMATION) but please, IDK what to do! I got stiched down there just 2 though, so it hurts when down there when I push to go to num. 2, therefore thats whats stops me from pushing hard so i never let anything out. I know its gross im soo sorry. but Im really frustrated with this. I need major help, I have enough with the insane burning when I pee. PLEASEEE HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the burning with the pee as well. As for the Number 2 issue I just gritted my teeth and pushed, it hurt bad. If that doesnt work I would definitely get a stool softener.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You being scared will only make it worse and then it will really hurt. I did the same thing but when I finally went it didn't hurt near as bad as I thought. It hurts at the beginning and the pain stays the same. For me anyways. LOL
    You could get some stool softeners or call your Dr. Also if you are taking any narcotic pain medication it could cause you to get constipated as well. Eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water. Good luck!
    kellih77

Answer by kellih77 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Drink lots of water and eat fruit. This will loosen your bowel movement and you really won't have to push. If you eat/drink the right amount it will almost be the same as urinating.
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem. I won't lie it hurt bad, real bad every time for 2 mths straight.you pretty much just have to deal with it and take your time. Don't push hard, just try to relax. Stool softner will be a big help. Good luck!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 11:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Stool softener. I was given some by the hospital after my first, and procured my own for my home birth with my second.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Take colace which is a stool softener (I don't believe this interferes with breastfeeding, etc, call your doc if you want to know for sure, I took it with my Dr's blessing.) That is a common problem, hang in there, you will heal eventually!
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• for the poo, you can get some stool softener like colace. or change your diet to have more fiber, lots more fluids, and more fruits.
    for the burning, did you have a catheter? you probably did if you got an epi. catheters are known for causing that and for even causing uti's. drink cranberry juice to see if that helps.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• i agree i was also given stool softeners , and was told to buy some.bless ur heart i know that hurts like heck, trust me i also had that same problem, but some stool stfners and take them as directed on the bottle, or bite into a towel and push(thats what i had to do b4 they took effect) good luck
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Yes you should have got Stool softener it helped me out alot
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• My doctor wouldnt release me from the hospital until I had a bowel movement. So they gave me dulcolax to make sure that I did have one.
    djroth724125

Answer by djroth724125 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2009