Are SAHM's uneducated?

Please don't think I'm trying to put down SAHM's. Someone mentioned it in another question, so I am curious. Do people really think SAHM's are uneducated? If you do think that, then why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope - I am a former nurse. I quit to become a SAHM! So no not all of us are uneducated. Some of us just chose to do it. My husband works hard so we can afford for me to stay home - so I do.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 11:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• some stayathomers became such after first being doctors, teachers etc. which take plenty of brains. Whoever said that obviously couldn't be a stay at home mom and is resentful or doesn't like being one cuz "it's too boring'. I am a sahm for 25 years youngest in hs, oldest two in twenties. Many moms who work outside their homes have told me they have no idea where I get the strength from to be a sahm cuz they'd shoot themselves if they stayed home!!! I'm home cause I know the compassionate honorable way I want to bring up my kids is best done by me before school starts and after school too.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• No not always...alot of the time women become SAHM'S because they can....They went to school and went to work and saved enough and planned ahead so that while they stay at home they are still content with just one paycheck coming in.....

Of course though I have an opinion about a relative who went and married a Doctor and will never have to work again even though she is under educated....she just knows how to win the right man...lol
    Anonymous

• Uneducated? Meaning they didnt go to college or are you asking if people think they are stupid? I'm a SAHM. I went to business school. I'm not stupid or uneducated. I chose to stay at home because I can.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Many of the SAHM's I know, myself included, have Bachelor Degrees.
    And uneducated doesn't mean stupid either. I know a lot of very smart women who just couldn't afford college, or don't bother with it because they knew they wanted to be SAHM's.
    A college education doesn't mean your smart. A lack of a college education doesn't mean your not smart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I think SAHM's are brilliant because they were smart enough to choose husbands that could support them and allow them to stay at home!!! And I myself am NOT a SAHM though I really wish I was. Oh well, my husband can never say I married him for the money :)
    Anonymous

• i have a career, i'm college educated, i get paid well and i'm quite envious of sahm's. I wish on a regular basis that I could stay home. These women that stay at home are amazing individuals, they have many jobs and dont get paid and often dont get the recognition that they deserve. My mom was a sahm, she was in her second year of medical school when she made that choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I graduate w/a bachelors next yr and then going for masters...and a SAHM. People may think we are stupid, lazy, good for nothing. Oh well lol.

"A college education doesn't mean your smart. A lack of a college education doesn't mean your not smart. "-Anonymous

Wow. Where did you graduate from? lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Like working moms they come in all shapes, sizes and intellects.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• No
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:25 AM on Dec. 11, 2009