My 11 month vomits anytime she is given stage 3 baby food with small chunks.

She does not try to chew or swallow, all she needs is to feel a chunk on her tongue and then she vomits. Anyone ever deal with this b4? Advice?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 11:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's not ready for it yet.
    Anonymous

• Its the texture. Hopefully she will get over it. my husband to this day will not eat mac and cheese, soup, stuffed chicken, lettuce because of the texture. Maybe you should stop trying to give it to her for a week than try it again.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• She's not ready. Don't give it to her. Give her appropriate table foods. Don't waste your money on the jarred stuff. That's just a gimmick to get your money.

http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html
    http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/schema/engels.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• my son did this..i think it was because the texture of the foods mixed with the babyfood because they would usually just swollow the baby food so it kinda gags them. He would eat table food (green beans and stuff) fine but baby food he would think to swollow so i never gave him stage 3 after the couple of times he gagged
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Hmmmmm.... shay1130, I will try this. I can see this being a potential answer. Thanks!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 11:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• just make sure you cut your veggies and meats in small peices..the gerber lil entrees are good
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Have you tried tasting it? lol I prefer the 2nd foods too. With my oldest he went from 2nd foods to regular food (at a year or so), because he hated that stuff. Because of his reaction to store food I just made food for the rest of my babies. You could always try that if you wanted. It's actually cheaper and doesn't take much time.
    Please don't take that as a bash, it's just an idea. I don't think I'm a better mom for it or anything.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried that stuff, it taste like crap, I fed my one year old regular table food.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Most peds will tell you by a year old they can have reg table food. Feed him what you eat, just cut it down to half the width of a number 2 pencil eraser. Talk to your ped about what foods to avoid at his age. I bet you it's texture and taste. That 3rd stage food is horrible and a waste of money. If he still won't eat what you give him cut up, you can do like I did and chop it in a chopper and add rice to the veggies to give it a palatable *sp* tatste and texture. you can also experiment with adding a little butter or the pan grease from your meats to make it more flavorful that way. Sounds gross but it works. That is the only way I could get emma to eat peas for a long time.Good luck.
    eyedoleyes

Answer by eyedoleyes at 1:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• It sounds like she's not ready for it yet. Don't stress yourself or your baby out by trying to force her to get something down that she can't handle yet. Breastmilk and formula provides everything your baby needs In the first year solid food isn't for nutrition, it's for learning and experimentation.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:56 AM on Dec. 11, 2009