First birthday

Has anyone else gotten real emotional for their childs first birthday? My son turns 1 on the 20th and Its breaking my heart that hes not gonna be a baby anymore. Everyone tells me not to worry because my other son is a month old and still a baby. Its just so bittersweet hes just growing up so fast. Like today my almost 1 month old was fussy after his bottle and my almost 1 year old brought over his favorite stuffed duck and sat it on his chest, as if to say when im sad it makes me feel better. Sorry for rambeling just wanted to hear from other moms that felt or feel the same way

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I cried at my sons party. They are so adorable and they grow up so fast. I wish they could just stay little and innocent.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Ellie turns one in a month and I want to just start bawling. She is my baby and she is growing up so fast. I don't want her birthday to arrive :(

I think I am understanding how you feel.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 11:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• my son will be 1 on the 6th of Jan. I am glad he is growing up but i really dont want him to. I can remember one time when he was about 3 months old i broke down crying because i knew one day he wouldnt want mommies hugs and kisses anymore. Well i was right to a point... he only wants them when he wants them now. I guess what i am trying to say is its okay to be sad about it but be happy about it too. the older they get the less you have to do for him. Just think about it this way you are on your way to not having to deal with diapers and formula all the time. I cant wait.... maybe i will get more sleep since my son dont want to sleep all night.
    RegenaSeaborn

Answer by RegenaSeaborn at 1:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2009