How to deal with a not nice mom?

Help! My boys are having a kids party. A frenemy of mine, (who has a daughter who has been included at my childrens partys before), has recently become intolerable. She has intentionally left us out of social arrangements and gone so far as to tell other friends of ours that she doesn't like my children. Because we are in the same circle and she will hear about my boys latest party, do I bite the bullet and include her and her daughter? Or am I entitled to only include true friends who will make the day enjoyable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Dont invite her. Its your kids party. Make them happy not her. Maybe she shouldn't run her mouth..
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Don't invite her, but don't talk about her. Obviously some of your friends have big mouths. ;o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I don't think it should be about whether or not you want the mother there. I think it's up to your children to decide if they want her daughter there. If they do then you will just have to bit the bullet and keep peace for a day for your children's sake.
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I wouldnt invite her. Who cares what she thinks or says. If you don't like her don't ruin your party. I wouldnt
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I did ask my boys who they wanted there. They didn't mention her daughter, but they're 3 and 5, so I wasn't sure if they were too excited and forgot people? This woman's daughter is 9 and honestly, doesn't really seem to love my boys either. But, being in the same circle of friends, I'm nervous about the fall out that could come from not including her. I don't want to make other moms uncomfortable...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• its your family and you and your kids happiness should always come first. stop inviting her i cut my frenemy lose last year and our social cycle never changed she still showes up now and then but other moms was having problems with her and her children too, everyone was just biting their tongues things work out for the best when you do the right thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Your not entitled to do anything you don't want to do, envite who you want life is too short to deal with assholes
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:14 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i wouldn't invite her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Plain and simple, you do not have to invite her. It's not even about her. It is your kids day, ask if they want the other child to be there, if so send and invitatiion to the other child. Leave it as that. It's about the kids. Now if she doesn't want to allow her child to attend, well then by all means let her look like an ass. I hate when people do this, (not you, her), it's about the kids. This kinda stuff takes away the focus of that. You're a good Mom and knows what's best for their day! Let grumpy be miserable on her own time. She evidently has something going on and her problems don't need to be yours!
    NoDramaMamma

Answer by NoDramaMamma at 2:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I agree with Comfycozy. It's all about the kids having a great time! Tell people who spread gossip that you're really uncomfortable with that and wish they wouldn't do it in your presence. If they have a problem with someone, talk to that person. If they heard someone has a problem with you, kindly ask them to respect their anonymity and to kindly direct that person to you directly. This cuts out all the crap! People that can't respect that don't deserve to be in your circle! If this woman won't address her issue with you directly, wean yourself from that relationship and save yourself time, trouble and energy. We, as parents, have enough on our plates without feeding into or off of someone else's bs.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2009