Suggestion for a traditional first day of Hunakkuh meal?

I am trying to come up with a simple menu for a Hunakkuh meal. I made latkes for the first time about 2 weeks ago and my hubby who comes from a italian/jewish background said I did great.

But I need some ideas to help build my menu, can't serve just Latkes.

Any ideas?

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Although I don't celebrate Hannakah, I would suggest looking for a group on here that does! This way not only will you get some ideas, but you will be able to share with others that have the same traditions and make some new friends too! Happy Holidays to you!
    NoDramaMamma

Answer by NoDramaMamma at 1:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• hope i''m not too late in answering your question but this year i did something different with my latkes...i made hamburgers and used the latkes as a topping and applesauce as the mayo/mustard. It was a kid for the kids and dad.

also you don't only have to make latkes, you can make anything that is cooked in oil. ie french fries, fried chicken, salad with an oily dressing, etc.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2009