Question for smokers or former smokers.

Do you think I have a really good chance at quitting if I'm only smoking a pack every three to four days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It really depends on how much you want to quit
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 12:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I think so. Me and hubby went down to 1 pack every 3 weeks( we share the pack). Its a long process but if you dont try to rush it, its usually a sure thing.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i did that and then i just decided to go cold turkey and so did hubby we havent smoked since august
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i quit when i was pregnant(of cores) i did it cold turkey i still don't smoke because i don't want my child to hug someone who smells & i don't want my baby to get cigarette kisses as long as you have a damn good resin it makes it so much easier! for me cold turkey just worked but for you it might be different i found that having them around me made it harder for me to quit, all aside good job on deciding to quit! its the best thing for you and your kids. you will know when your doing good when you start realizing your clothes smell of smoke!
    Zandrialeann

Answer by Zandrialeann at 1:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• It all comes down to how badly you want to quit and how much will power you have. Good luck! I'm working on quitting as well.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• OF COURSE YOU CAN!
    chowmom199

Answer by chowmom199 at 1:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Definitely! Best of luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You can do it! I used to smoke about a pack every 2-3 days and i quit back in January! Almost a year smoke free!
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 1:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Congrats to all of you who have quit! It definitely is all about whether you want to quit or not at this point or have you always smoked a pack in 3 to 4 days? When do you feel the need for a smoke? I have smoked for almost 30 years (I started when I was 15). I used to smoke a pack and a half a day. Now I smoke a pack in a day and a half...the hard part is the doc told me 2 years ago I should consider quitting within 6 months (means I should have quit a year and a half ago). I finally asked him what he would recommend to help me quit. He gave me a prescription for Chantix. Went to get prescription filled only to find out that my insurance does not cover it...they wanted $126.00 for start up kit and $126.00 for maintenance kit. Couldn't afford to get it so I started to make myself wait longer periods of time between cigarettes. Couple months ago I had to go to the doctors and he asked me about quitting and then lectured me...
    brownesclan

Answer by brownesclan at 2:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• yes of course. I quit when I got pregnant and it was easy for me because I had to. One thing that helped though was to always eat dessert (even if its just a mint) I always wanted a cigarette after a large meal so instead I just made sure to have something sweet. I was pregnant so it was usually fruit but the habit stuck and now I eat a little candy after each meal.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2009