We have an 11 yr. old girl. Her dad & I have been sep. for re: a yr. but are seriously starting to restore our relationship. We want to be a family again. When/how do we include our daughter in on our decision?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• When the two of you are absolutely sure. this is can be very hard on a kid if its not stable. especially since she's gone through a separation once already. be patient with it.. i say
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The only advice I have is to be careful and not get her hopes up. If there is any chance that this wont work out then I say wait until you are more sure about everything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I'd say right away. She is old enough to understand more or less what a relationship means. Dont keep her out in the cold on this one. If I was your daughter, I would like to know that my mommy and daddy were gonna be getting back together. Simply talk to her step by step on what you and your husband plan on doing. But dont rush into things. Take your time and hold her hand every step of the way. Having a daughter is like having a best friend 'til the end! Good luck and I hope everything works out for the three (or more) of you!
    -Vanessa
    vdr1983

Answer by vdr1983 at 2:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Honesty is the best policy. Tell her the truth. She's 11yrs old and today's generation can figure out fast. She probably could since something away so don't beat around the bush, and if it doesn't work out for you guys then explain to her that we tired! Let's face it she has to face the real world one day so prepare her now! I wish you and your family all the luck in the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Dec. 11, 2009